Wednesday 15 January 2014

A birthday celebration and a special meal

I cannot believe that we are already in the middle of January.  Can you believe it?  Back at work we are all still struggling with that "end-of-year-not-quite-very-productive" feeling.  We do have a public holiday coming up next week Monday so that is great :-). 

This weekend it will be me and my next photography assignment.  I've done my first one and got a great mark, so I'm very pleased, but it is a little daunting because from here on it will be actual photos and my tutor is a professional photographer.  I've finally taken the plunge and ordered my new computer as I'm getting 20% discount through work and my current laptop won't be all that good.  I'm really excited (and I don't like waiting, but will need to wait for delivery).

We had a lovely few days with Mr P's birthday celebrations.  I baked the cake and his daughter decorated it for him.  He really likes lollies :-)

I'll have to upload the photo of the cake later on as Blogger seems to be acting up (sigh).

Here are some flowers that Mr P's brother's partner brought us.


Mr P saw this one programme where the chef made a very yummy meal and he decided to try this out.  He is so proud and let me tell you it was really really yummy!  He even made the ice-cream all by himself :-)


3 comments:

  1. Lovely looking meal. Hope your new computer helps digitally with your photos. Always daunting to try something new ( sleepless nights thinking about it ! )
    Not long til my son's 18th birthday so a bit of fun for the end of this very dreary rain soaked January !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Sorry, wasn't very clear what the valentine swap was about!
    If you visit madaboutbags.blogspot all will be revealed! (Although the swap participants have been paired up now.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete