Tuesday 7 January 2014

Back from a break away

This morning it was back to work after a short break.  It was so hard to wake up early this morning to get ready to catch my train to work.  It takes about an hour to work on the train.  So usually I sleep or I read.  Work was fairly quiet as lots of people are still away. 

We had a nice few days away to Hawkes Bay.  It was lovely.  The weather was great.  The motel where we stayed had a pool and the kids (my kids that is, Mr P's kids weren't there) spent as much time as they could in the pool.  Miss B made a friend.  One of the favourite things we did was yesterday where we spent the whole day at Splash Planet with its pools and water slides and different kinds of rides.  Miss B met up with her friend so I didn't see her until it was time to leave.  Mr P, Miss C and I had a lovely time exploring the different rides and pools.



Mr Cat was so happy to see us - he's been cuddly since we came home last night.  I was a bit worried as Mr P's daughter was asked to look after him - to come and feed him and spend some time with him, but on Sunday we got a text to say she hasn't been coming since Friday afternoon because of the rain and wasn't sure if she would be able to.  So we needed to make some urgent plans.  I think next time we might just have to book him into a cattery.

Today I saw a great promotional offer for an online photography course and I am going to look into it.  This will be one of the first steps in my dream to become a photographer :-).

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctor.  I have been having a weird pain by my right shoulder for the last few weeks and so I want my doctor to check it out.  Unfortunately I Googled and one should never Google anything...

1 comment:

  1. The Splash Planet sounds a lot of fun - my two used to love going to similar.

    Could you find a neighbour to feed your cat ? Jess was paid to feed a friend's cat over Christmas but I did it most times !

    Good luck with your course.

    I hope you get your pain sorted - a spot of physiotherapy helped the pain in my neck !!!

    ReplyDelete