Friday 10 January 2014

Taking first steps

Yesterday I took the first step in my goal to become a photographer.  I signed up for an online photography course.  Exciting and scary at the same time.  Exciting because it will be great to have the guidance of people who are experienced in the industry and scary because I am sometimes way too critical of myself making it hard just to go for it.  It is comforting though to know that I am not the only one feeling a bit scared and anxious (when I look at the Facebook group).

So I went to the doctor the day before.  About my shoulder.  The one with the mystery pain.  The thing is I haven't been doing anything that could cause strain and it is only when I breathe deeply that I feel this pain.  So of course I Googled and according to Google I might have lung cancer (the type that you more typically get from second hand smoke - I personally have never smoked but grew up with parents who did) or breast cancer or it could be gall bladder or liver disease.  So by the time I go to the doctor I was a mess.  He looked at me and then asked "have you been losing weight?" "well, no I've gained some - mostly through bad eating" "Okay, people with cancer usually lose weight".  "Do you cough a lot?" [shake head], "do you ever cough up blood?" [shake head] and then he listened to my chest and did this tapping thing both sides and declared that this is most likely just a knot somewhere due to the time I might spend at the computer at work.  Me and my runaway mind...

Yesterday I went to work in the morning and then not long after started feeling incredibly sick.  Nausea and stomach cramps.  Like waves - coming and going.  I didn't actually get sick as such, I just felt really unwell.  So I left early afternoon.  Got home and pretty much spent the rest of the afternoon and evening in bed.  I'm glad I didn't actually get sick, but it was horrible to feel the way I did. 

I took today off as I don't feel 100% just yet, but do feel better than yesterday - thank goodness.

How are things on your side of the world?

2 comments:

  1. Those knots are strange things. I have had them in the past and they really do feel like knots. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd commented ? Sorry if it didn't show up. Love the idea of your photography course. Some self referred Physiotherapy could help - it helped my pain in the neck & was free ( I'd spent a fortune before )
    Hope you feel a lot better ( lots of bugs around ) x

    ReplyDelete